Could a Toilet Seat be Cleaner than Your Keyboard?
March 04, 2014
Ok. So you maintain your own workspace and think you keep it pretty clean. Well here are just a few statistics to consider:
Warning: Don't read this if you haven't eaten lunch yet!!
- Keyboards contain 70 percent more bacteria than a toilet seat.
- Office phones host around 25,000 germs per square inch.
- Office desks are more than 400 times dirtier than a toilet seat.
- The area on your desk where your hands rest has around 10,000 bacteria.
And that’s just the area YOU maintain. We haven’t even mentioned the door handles, air conditioning or the kitchen.
Grossed out yet? Well before you start thinking that it may be healthier to move your office into the toilet, here’s a few simple ways to create a more hygienic workspace:
- Avoid using other people's phones.
- Don't eat at your desk.
- Stay home if you're not feeling well.
- Wash your hands regularly.
Are you brave enough to take a look at the rest of the germy secrets your office is hiding?
Have a look at the following infographic. It may even be a good idea to forward it to your co-workers.